Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Register a Close Corporation (CC)

Why Register a CC?
When my wife and I bought our house my father's sage advice was to put it in one of our names, not both; we did not listen. Having my business activities in a CC would protect my personal assets from liabilities incurred by my business.

If you are willing to read a bit the following site might help you: www.ccguide.co.za

If you want to go direct to Companies and Intellectual Rights Office (CIPRO) for the CC Registration Procedure

If registering your CC yourself seems too arduous, like I did, try one of the many companies that offer shelf and new CCs. They all seem to have really poor sites that do not inspire any confidence, I looked at a couple which could be legitimate but their sites look dodgy:
  • Helewix
  • QuickCC
  • SACloseCorporations
But in the end I went for a bunch that Nedbank uses called SwiftReg, over the next couple of weeks we will see how swift they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment