Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hosting of Website

Quick BTW: One working day later and I have email confirmation from SwiftReg that they have sent through my application to CIPRO.

Web hosting, does one host the site in South Africa and gain the advantage of slightly faster (less laggy load times)? Or host internationally and get cheaper hosting rates for storage space and for monthly data throughput?

To start with I want good (Cheap) hosting in South Africa, and I will give you my opinions and experiences:
ParadigmSolutions.co.za
I have used these guys before for cheap hosting, and have a user-name, however after logging a case I ahve had no reply. Their support site redirects you to 2 different systems (support.host4group.net and client.host4group.co.za), and I can only conclude that this is a shell of a company reselling hosting. (and not doing a good job IMO)

webafrica.com
These guys look like they have a good cheap package at R18/month, but no database, ... No PHP!

hetzner.co.za
A couple of years back I used these guys and they were always really professional. The only issue here is that you have to pay R99/month to get PHP scripting.

Luckily I have a little time to look around at other options, I am seriously looking at international hosting. I do however still need some service to register the .co.za that I want. More on this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment