Tuesday, June 30, 2009

List of South African Web Directories

So my business website is still not really getting that much traffic, and I do not expect a flood of trafffic, but more would be good... So what do I do?

My first step was to make sure that my site was search engine friendly, and then submit it to the search engines. Now my next step is to improve the profile of my site, how do I do that? Through generating inbound links of good quality.

Inbound link = some site linking to your website
You can find out how many inbound links you have on Google by searching for link:www.yoursite.com
My sister's blog for instance has done really well:

So my next step is adding my site to all the South African web and business directories that accept free listings. Remember that not all links are equal and PageRank is still a good way of evaluating if a website is going to give you good quality of link.

Below is my list of directories I will be adding to:
www.ananzi.co.za
www.hotfrog.co.za
www.sayellow.co.za
www.tradepage.co.za
www.ezsearch.co.za
www.brabys.com
www.ifind.co.za

Some of the above do have premium listings which you can pay for, but I am starting with the free version.

No comments:

Post a Comment